The 2017 Jerry Barboe Small Business Person of the Year Award
This year’s winner, Mrs. Shawn Bromell opened her business, alongside her husband, in 2010 based on the concept of “excellence to the community”. She is the President of ProCutters Lawnscape, a commercial and right of way landscape company.
The company takes great pride in “keeping Georgia beautiful” as they maintain many of the state’s entry points, Welcome Centers and rest areas. Georgia DOT is one of their largest clients, alongside many other governments and municipalities, including our own City of Conyers. They have been renewed for EVERY contract they have ever been awarded. That speaks volumes for their level of service and commitment. They have steadily increased revenues each year that they have been in operation, while maintaining a debt-free business.
ProCutters employs 50 people and let me tell you, her employees are her biggest fans! Many citing example after example of her support for them in as not only her employee, but for them as individuals with their own aspirations of starting a business. One stating that as she moved on from Pro Cutters to open her own real estate company, “Shawn shared her wisdom, encouragement and monetary support with me in my new business adventure. She stands behind the belief that the higher you go in your success, the more you must look to assist others to grow in their business.” These same sentiments were echoed with other employees who realized their own business dreams under the mentoring and guidance of Mrs. Shawn Bromell.
Shawn’s philosophy on personally giving back to the community is twofold in that both time and resources make the difference. Some of her involvement includes:
- Serving in the science lab at Lorraine Elementary
- Coordinating fundraisers for Rockdale Magnet School
- Mentoring students and lending financial support at Conyers Middle School, where the principal has shared “though Mrs. Bromell does not have a child in our school, one would never know it. Through mentoring and selfless donations of her time, talent and treasures, CMS students have made significant gains. She is lovingly known at CMS as our school angel
ProCutters awards include:
- 2015 Georgia Minority Supplier Diversity Council Supplier of the Year
- 2016 NMSDC Southeast Regional Supplier of the Year AND National Supplier of the Year
- 2017 SBA Small Business Champion of the Year
- 2017 Atlanta Tribune Business Owners of the Year
As you can see, the company, and its president, Mrs. Shawn Bromell are dynamic! We are so fortunate to have them in our great community. Congratulations!