Newcomer’s Guide to Conyers-Rockdale
Public & Private Schools
Rockdale County is proud to have a public school system that puts students first. Our award-winning public school system is home to numerous magnet and charter schools, including multiple science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and fine arts schools, and a career academy that caters to the needs of our young citizens.
We are also fortunate to have private school opportunities to offer to our residents.
Many of our local real estate professionals are members of the Chamber. These local agents, brokers, and attorneys know our home market well and can assist you in purchasing or leasing a home in the area.
Real Estate Brokers
- Alert Properties
- ARC Homes Realty Group, LLC
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
- Deon Cannon Realty
- Hyde Home Group @ Keller Williams AME
- Kathy Stowers – Southern Classic Realtors
- Keller Williams Realty – Christie Phillips
- Lee Staples Realty, Inc.
- Maximum One Realty Partners
- Maximum One Realty/Vinette D’Andrade
- Minor Realty & REO Svs.
- Re/Max Agents Realty – Ethel Boyle
- RE/MAX Pure – Sandy Greene
- RE/MAX Agents Realty
- Summit Management Group, Inc
Real Estate Attorneys
No matter what your faith, Rockdale County has a vibrant faith community that is actively involved in the spiritual wellness of our citizens. Many churches are involved in our non-profits that tend to the needs of our community and provide the safety nets necessary to insure our community takes care of its own.
Faith organizations that are Chamber members include:
- Springfield Baptist Church
- Conyers First United Methodist Church
- Discover Point Church
- Monastery of the Holy Spirit
- Faith Tabernacle Church
- The Father’s House
- Conyers Church of God
- St. Pius X Catholic Church
- Epiphany Lutheran Church
- Hope Redemption Worship Center
- Macedonia Baptist Church of Conyers
- Faith Builders Ministries of Christ
- Lighthouse Bible Fellowship
- Voices of Faith Ministries
Parks & Recreation
The City of Conyers and Rockdale County boast over 19 public parks and recreational facilities as well private facilities. These include aquatics at Johnson Park, youth and adult baseball at Legion Field, tennis at our competition class Rockdale Tennis Center, fishing and kayaking at Black Shoals, and youth and adult soccer at Rockdale Youth Soccer Association (RYSA). The City of Conyers also operates an Arnold Palmer designed public golf course. And cyclists, runners, joggers, and walkers enjoy the Path Foundation trail that currently goes from South River Park to The Monastery, and then goes from Johnson Park to Olde Town.
Rockdale County is served by Rockdale Water Resources for all of our water needs.
Natural gas services are provided by Atlanta Gas through a network of natural gas marketers. For a list of authorized marketers visit the State of Georgia web site.
Driver’s licenses are handled at the Georgia Department of Driver Services located at 2206 Eastview Parkway NE, Conyers, GA 30013. Get Directions.
Waste pickup in the City of Conyers is handled by the city. Waste pickup in Rockdale County is handled by independent contractors.